*This post has been edited from an original version
Right now, Ryan and I are in VEGAS! Eeeek! I am so stinking excited! We’re here for Grant Cardone’s 10X Growth Conference and we couldn’t be more excited! We’ve been waiting for this day to get here for months and now that it’s finally here, we’re really stoked to learn all we can about 10X-ing our careers and our lives.
Anyway…getting back on track.
I don’t do a ton of air travel. However, in the past, I have had my fair share of plane rides and I abosolutely LOVE flying. I totally think I am qualified enough to bring this “Flight Essentials” post to you lovely people.
I did a post a few months back about traveling like blogger. Go back and read that to check out some of the products I bring along as a blogger!
First off, I want to tell you my most important tip. Maybe I am the only dumb on who does this (because I mean, I am a natural blonde so I do ride that struggle bus sometimes) but, I always pack a personal bag for the flight that is totally useless once I get to my destination. Whyyyyyy do I do this? My best tip is to think about what you’ll be doing once you get to your destination and either A. pack another bag for said destination in your checked baggage or B. use the bag you’ll be using during your trip, at the final destination, as your personal bag on the plane. OK, moving on…
In my opinion, flying is great. However, you can totally make a flight more enjoyable by having the right things. Here is my personal list of the things I always need during a flight to make my experience more enjoyable.
- A Re-fillable water bottle (Ryan and I both love the Brita 23.7 Ounce Hard Sided Water Bottle and we’ve each got one)
- Chap-stick (I recently found these tubes of Carmex at the Dollar Tree and I love that they sell them like this now! You can find them here as well)
- Hand lotion
- Tissues and/or baby wipes
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Chargers for any electronics that you’ll have with you on the flight
- Some type of sweatshirt/sweater (planes are seriously the coldest place I’ve ever been)
- Sunglasses (I like to pack these in my personal bag over my checked luggage because depending on your flight time, the sun beats in those plane windows something serious. Also, you’ll have them once you land if it will be sunny.)
- Headphones & music or a movie loaded up onto your device (for peace, a boredom buster and for crying babies…sorry parents, I love babies and all but don’t necessarily want to hear them crying my entire flight)
- Snacks (do you even KNOW how expensive in-flight snacks can be if you have to purchase them?)
- A good book or magazine (I know we’re in the technology generation but sometimes, reading is so peaceful)
- A notebook (you never know when a great idea will strike you!)
I’m going to be totally honest with you…This is all stuff I would find essential in a perfect world. Do I always pack this stuff? No. Do I sometimes pack less and then wish I had some of this stuff later on, during the flight? Yes. But, in general this is a pretty fair list. It’s stuff that I typically have, or like to have and stuff that I think is necessary for an enjoyable flight.
Let me know what you guys think is essential for a flight!
What do you guys pack as essentials for air travel?