*Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used in this post. I may earn a small commission for any products I mention. However, I only refer products that I truly stand behind. All opinions are my own.
Want to start a blog but don’t know where to start? Self-hosting is a great place to start your blogging journey. click the link below to learn more about Bluehost and get a self-hosted domain name for only $3.95/month…yes seriously that’s all!
This Wednesday, Ryan and I leave for Dallas, TX and while we’re there from the 16-20 I’ve got a good amount of blog work to do (because sometimes when you’re working on your goals, the work doesn’t stop just because you’re on vacation). So I’m going to have to be sure to pack everything I’m going to need to get my work done while I’m gone.
Today, I thought it might be fun to give you an insider look at what bloggers really pack when we go on vacation. I can’t imagine I’m alone amongst my fellow bloggers when I say that we bring things with us when we travel that normal people probably don’t think to bring along.
First and foremost, you’ve gotta have the right bags. When Ryan and I travel we typically both travel in one suitcase and then carry our own individual backpacks or personal bags. Last summer we bought a new luggage set because our old set just wasn’t cutting it. We went to TJ Maxx and bought a set of Mia Toro Fabbri Hardside Spinner Luggage. It’s amazing and we’ve given it a serious beating in the past year and it still looks fabulous! My favorite thing about hardtop suitcases is that you can put stuff on both halves which works out well for Ryan and I and it’s just the perfect amount of space.
Inside our luggage, we pack the normal necessities clothing wise. If I’m going to be doing any fashion posts while I’m away, I’ll make sure that I have any pieces with me that I’ll need. Finally, in our main luggage the only other blogging thing I’ll pack along in there is my Sima STV-66K 66″ Pro Panorama Tripod. It’s fairly long, even all folded up so it’s easier to just throw it in my luggage.
What’s in my bag?
So onto my personal bag, the one I carry with me either on the plane or in the car and it’s basically got everything I need.
Here’s just a few of my essentials (I apologize in advance for this being riddled with links, I just want you guys to have access to the awesome stuff I’ve been loving!):
- First and foremost, the bag I’ve been loving is the Disney X Coach Mickey Leather Mini Charlie Chalk White Backpack. However, I also plan on bringing along a small purse to carry around that’s a little more practical than a backpack. I’ll probably bring along either my very well-loved Fossil brown, leather, cross-body bag or something smaller.
- My Nikon D5200 Digital SLR Camera (this package is how I got started a few years ago and it’s been amazing!) and my favorite lens to use is this Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus
- Of course if I’m traveling anywhere I need to have my laptop with me and the one I use is the Apple 15″ MacBook Pro. I also have the Apple USB-C to USB Adapter and the Xit SD/SDHC MicroSD Card Reader to be able to get all of my photos onto my computer. (All this stuff is a massive investment but soooooo worth it!!)
- To keep everything together and to ensure that I’ve got it all organized I’ve been loving the ProCase Travel Gear Organizer
- I’ve got to have my planner with me (to keep me aware of the posts I need to be thinking about) and the one I’ve been using and loving is the Blue Sky Monthly Planner.
- Last but not least you’ve gotta keep those peepers safe and these Phonetic Eyewear glasses are amazing for keeping your eyes safe while you’re staring at your computer screen. (Bonus: use my code OHHAPPY for 10% off your order!)
I won’t bore you with the nitty-gritty details of everything else I’m packing but I do have a post I did earlier this year on my flight essentials and you can read that here.
This will honestly be the first vacation where I need to intentionally think about blogging and working on my blog, taking photos, working on posts, all while balancing having a good time. I feel confident that I can do it!
Wish me luck and I’ll talk to you all soon!